It’s already February 4 which means that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.
No doubt you already have a special something in the mail to let your husband, wife, son, daughter, brother, sister, girlfriend or boyfriend who is serving in the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines or Coast Guard just how much you love them?
Every month I tuck a little something into every 2MyHero order. It’s my way to let my customers know I really do care about them and their service members. 2MyHero is a business, but it is a business that runs on a passion to express gratefulness and respect to the men and women in service.
For the rest of February, I’ll be tucking 1 sheet and envelope from this beautiful stationery set into every order (no matter what you order) on the 2MyHero website, Amazon and Etsy.
I’ve lost count of how many military members have told me that there is nothing like getting an actual letter from home. Sure texts and emails are awesome, but there is still something extra special about a military greeting card or letter sent from someone back home with personalized sentiments and well wishes.
You’ve seen it in the movies, but it isn’t just on the big screen. It’s the reality in real life too! Many have told me they read the cards or letters from home over and over and over.
One of the really nice things about this stationery set is the size of the sheets. They are half sheets – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. So they’re manageable. You don’t have to write a whole book to fill the page. Here are some suggestions if you need a little nudge about what to write:
- What’s been going on in the neighborhood? Has a neighbor put their house on the market, moved recently, had a significant life happening like a baby, yard landscaping or a remodel . . . ?
- What’s going on in the local gathering spot? Whether church, school or other social outlets, they’ll enjoy hearing about the current happenings.
- Has someone you/they know recently decided to join a branch of the military? When are they heading to boot camp? If in a different branch maybe add a little jab about their choice.
- Have you tried a new project, craft or baked item? How did it turn out? How is the process going if it’s a long process? What did you do with the finished good? Did you give it to someone and have a response that would be of interest to write?
- Family history – if you have a parent or grandparent who served, what short story about their service would be of encouragement or humorous to the one you’re writing to?
- What are you doing to help pass the time until you see them again? You don’t have to be a PollyAnna. If it’s hard, then be honest without being obsessive about it. If you’ve found something that helps distract you in a healthy way talk about that.
- If there is a younger family member or neighbor, ask them to draw on a portion of the stationery sheet or envelope. Kids’ pictures are the best unless of course, you have the talent to draw yourself. In that case, be sure to sketch something that communicates your love and how much you miss them.
My mom passed away a few months ago, and a neighbor gave me a sympathy card that her daughter had drawn a picture on the envelope of a mom and daughter together. It is so precious to me!
Even if you already have something Valentine’s Day themed on its way, the Letters from Home stationery set will be useful and appreciated any day of the year. It would make a great gift to give to a military parent, spouse or significant other. It even comes with beautiful gift wrapping, so you don’t even need to wrap it.
If you want to send this lovely stationery set as a gift you can have it shipped directly to the gift recipient. I’ll even include a custom note. Just let me know at checkout and I’ll add it in.
Do you have other suggestions of things to write in a letter to your military loved one? Please comment below and share your ideas. We’d all love to hear them!
If you want to keep up with new products from 2MyHero be sure to Sign up for our newsletter and get a discount code for 10% off your orders on our website. You’ll get up to date information about new products and special deals.
Let 2MyHero help you stay connected with the ones you love and know serving in any branch of the United States Armed Forces – US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marines, and US Coast Guard. There are Military Encouragement, Birthday, Graduation, Drill Instructor Thank You, Promotion and Retirement designs available in each branch.
Comment below about how 2MyHero military greeting cards or Gold Star military sympathy greeting cards have helped you encourage and connect with your military loved one or with a Gold Star mom or dad!
Let me know how it made them feel and how it helped you stay connected with them. Of course, be mindful of OPSEC, and don’t give any specifics or details that would be potentially harmful to put out on the web.
You can also find 2MyHero on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to meet you in cyberland and learn more about what you need to help you stay connected with your military peeps.
Connect with us through our Contact Page to leave your feedback on the cards.